A diagram shows human malaria parasite complex life cycle is provided in below diagram. It such a complex life cycle since it needs both a human and an insect host. It is known to be the Plasmodium, the parasite that reproduce sexually in the mosquitoes and asexually in people’s red blood cells.
As seen in the Plasmodium malariae life cycle diagram, details on the illustration can be describe as follows:
- 1. Sporozoite
- 2. Invasion to the liver cell
- 3. Merozoites had been released to the bloodstream
- 4. Merozoites rapidly invades red blood cells by consuming haemoglobin
- 5. Gametocytes circulate in man’s bloodstream, awaiting female Anopheles mosquito.
- 6. The gametocytes develop into male gametes
- 7. Oocyst – the infectious sporozoites
- 8. The thread-like sporozoites migrate to the mosquito’s salivary glands
- 9. The cycle starts over again.